It’s another round of rock’n’roll trivia. Hope you’re enjoying this feature. This time, it’s the ‘Who’ quiz….and we’re not talking about the ‘60’s group from England who had the rock opera “Tommy” or recorded the theme songs from all 3 CSI television series. You’ll figure it out pretty quickly. Answers are at the end, so if you’re ready, here we go…
1. WHO was the first female inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall
2. WHO was the teenager who was pulled up on stage from the
audience in Bruce Springsteen’s video for “Dancing In The
Dark? (HINT: she later became a famous TV star)
3. One of the all time greatest blues performers was born
McKinley Morganfield in 1915 in Rolling Fork, Mississippi. He
influenced rock legends Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and
The Rolling Stones along with many others. In fact, the
Stones took their name from one of his songs. WHO is he?
4. WHO made the following statement: “Rock and roll is phony
and false, and sung, written and played, for the most part, by
cretinous goons”? (HINT: He was a world famous singer and
5. James Brown was nicknamed ‘The Godfather of Soul’. Guitar
legend Eric Clapton is also known as ‘Slowhand’. Michael
Jackson nicknamed himself ‘The King of Pop’. WHO has the
nickname of ‘The Killer’?
6. WHO is the performer that likes to refer to her audience as
‘monsters’? (HINT: She’s a fashion icon).
7. In 1978, the movie “American Hot Wax” was released. It’s
loosely based on the life of pioneering disc jockey Alan Freed,
who is credited with coining the phrase ’rock’n’roll’. In the film,
Freed’s driver/sidekick is played by a current late night talk
show host. WHO is it?
8. This contemporary hitmaker, whose real name is Katheryn
Elizabeth Hudson is engaged to marry British comedian/actor
Russell Brand. Her current hit is “California Gurls”. WHO is she?
1. The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin was the first female
inductee in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987.
2. That teenager was Courtney Cox, who went on to star in the
hit TV series “Friends”.
3. That blues great changed his name from McKinley
Morganfield to Muddy Waters.
4. Frank Sinatra, whose nickname was the ‘Chairman of the
Board’, said that about rock’n’roll.
5. ‘The Killer’ is much better known as legendary rock’n’roll
piano man, Jerry Lee Lewis. In 1989, Dennis Quaid starred
as Jerry Lee in the movie “Great Balls Of Fire”. In the film,
“Rock 30” actor Alec Baldwin played Jerry Lee’s cousin and
television evangelist Jimmy Swaggart.
6. That would be Lady Gaga.
7. The late night talk show host who appeared in the movie
“American Hot Wax” is Jay Leno. His character’s name was
8. The “California Gurls” girl is Katy Perry.